Know More about SOLIDWORKS
Your Questions are Answered Here
Standardize on SolidWorks for 3D CAD – Know why others did…
SOLIDWORKS has been the de facto Standard for 3D CAD. In production use since the last 2 decades, SOLIDWORKS has been chosen by over 2,40,000 companies World-Wide for one single reason – Ease of Use – that translates into unmatched productivity from day one.
What are the licensing models available with SOLIDWORKS?
- SOLIDWORKS Desktop has two licensing models, namely, Permanent License and Annual License model
- 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS is clould based with Annual License Model
- Both SOLIDWORKS Desktop and 3DEXPERIENCE SOLIDWORKS are integrated with 3DEXPERIENCE Platform
What are the benefits of investing in SOLIDWORKS?
- Ease-of-Use that helps Engineers concentrate on their Designs in an intuitive manner
- SolidWorks Costing enables meeting costing targets at the Design Stage
- Rule based Design for Manufacture using DFMXpress
- Rule based Design Automation using DriveWorks Xpress
- API for Customizing SolidWorks to align with Business needs
- Integrated FEA for Value Analysis and Value Engineering
Can SolidWorks be handle very large datasets as in Machinery, Power Plants, Heavy Engineering?
SOLIDWORKS is built ground-up leveraging on native Microsoft Windows technologies that empower large design engineering teams to concentrate on their designs with dynamic memory management. Large data sets have been created in varied applications including Super Critical Boiler Plants, Railway Coaches, Special Purpose Machines, Off Highway Vehicles, Forest Machinery, Oil and Gas Skids, Vapour Absorption Chillers, Compressors, Material Handling Equipments to name a few. The data sets run into thousands of parts and assemblies. Large Design Review in SolidWorks helps Design teams conduct reviews with Manufacturing and Customers in a Conference room with ease.
How easy is it to prepare a 2D Drawing in SOLIDWORKS for an AutoCAD© User?
AutoCAD users can easily transition to SOLIDWORKS Drawings using the AutoCAD© Command Simulator. Layers functionality, as in AutoCAD, are used by designers every day. Inserting AutoCAD© Blocks with link for automatic update helps use legacy data without modification, if required, saving hours, if not days. Bi-directional parametricity of SOLIDWORKS enables designers to updatae 3D models and 2D Drawings instantly for error-proof drawing release. Font substitution table is provided for SHX fonts of AutoCAD© to True Type Windows Native WYSIWYG Fonts.
How easily can SOLIDWORKS be used in a Multi-CAD environment?
SOLIDWORKS mantra has been true collaboration. In addition to having the ability to import CAD geometries from varied contemporary CAD software such as Creo© (Pro/Engineer), Autodesk© Inventor, Siemens NX©, SolidEdge©, CATIA©. Additionally neutral file formats such as IGES, STEP, Parasolid©, ACIS are provided for data exchange. In SOLIDWORKS 3D Interconnect enables designers to open CAD data directly from most 3D CAD formats, without the need to convert or save the data as a SOLIDWORKS file. This is true integration capability of SOLIDWORKS in multiple-CAD environment.
Can SOLIDWORKS perform Finite Element Analysis (FEA)?
SOLIDWORKS provides a wide-array of analyses capabilities integrated inside the 3D enviroment with the power to edit geometries and re-analyze seamlessly – a truly CAD integrated FEA without any translation or update efforts when designs change. Also, simple Linear Static FEA for a part can be done in SOLIDWORKS Standard while complex simulations such as Dynamics, Non-Linear among others can be performed using SOLIDWORKS Simulation Premium without leaving the Native SOLIDWORKS environment.
How to manage Design Data with Workflow approvals, Data Security and Rights Management with SolidWorks?
- SOLIDWORKS PDM Professional is a true Product Data Management software that enables Design Data Management in a Secure environment with roles and responsibilities assigned to users and groups
- 3DEXPERIENCE Platform can be used to manage data on the cloud while performing Revision Management, Change Management among others using Collaborative Business Innovator, Collaborative Industry Innovator among other roles
- 3DEXPERIENCE EnoviaWorks can be leveraged for Advanced Product Life Cycle Management
Can SOLIDWORKS be used to solve downstream Quality and Reliability issues?
- SOLIDWORKS Simulation empowers Designers to predict failure modes and expected life of individual components and systems. This helps address Reliability issues upfront, thereby saving Cost and Time, in addition to addressing Customer Expectations and Customer Satisfaction.
- TolAnalyst in SolidWorks helps understand the dynamic interaction of Tolerances at the assembly level due to the Part level tolerances assigned. This ensures Design for Quality objectives are met before sign off, thereby avoiding Qality issues downstream.
- DFMEA documents can be encapsulated in the SolidWorks Parts, Assemblies and Drawing Documents as a part of the template so that Design Processes associated with Risk assessment can be incorporated in the design stage itself. Design Binder captures the design intent and how Risk mitigation has been addressed.
- SolidWorks Inspection helps ensure that Critical to Quality features and their dimensions/ attributes are captured for downstream inspection. This, again, is a risk mitigation mechanism that standards such as ISO emphasize.
- Testimony to this are the hundreds of Medical Device Manufacturers who use SolidWorks to design and develop critical equipments and devices that address health regulatory norms
Comments are closed.